Music for Ten Years.
by Nic Olson
After feeling like I was eleven years old again last night, riding the metro home I tried to think of the 10 best concerts I’ve seen in my life. And although most of them wouldn’t make anyone’s top 100 list, and likely no one cares at all, I wanted to do it anyway. In no particular order:
1. Good Riddance, Death By Stereo. Riddell Centre, Regina, 2001.
2. Means Final Show. Riddell Centre, Regina, 2008.
3. Greg MacPherson. Casa Del Popolo, Montreal, 2010.
4. Millencolin. Club Soda, Montreal, last night, 2010.
5. Layaway Plan Final Show. Riddell Centre, Regina, 2001?
6. Only Crime. The Exchange, Regina, 2008
7. Propagandhi. Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, 2009.
-Corb Lund. Saskatoon, The Odeon, 2009.
-Comeback Kid, With Honor, Every New Day. The Exchange, Regina, 2003?
-Chuck Ragan and Tim Barry. L’Esco, Montreal, 2010
-Means, Life in Your Way. Viaduct, Spokane, 2008
-AFI, Poison the Well. Doris Knight Hall, Regina, 2003?
-Good Riddance, Choke. Riddell. Regina. 2002?
-Raised Fist. Riddel. Regina. 2004?
I can’t remember anymore. Help me out.
I could only make it to 7. The last 3 spots were impossible to fill once I started thinking about it, and I likely missed a lot.
If you are someone who has been to more than 10 concerts, I’d encourage you to make a similar list. Then post it on here so I can see what it looks like and see what I missed.
No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music.
-Kurt Vonnegut, A Man without a Country